Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default woodworking/craftsman designers (was Design Advice Sought)

Joel ) wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Not quite what I'm looking for (I do have
a few books along those lines - especially related to home office and
home library).

But after further perusing on the rec.woodworking list I ran across
the 'myfurnituredesigner.com' link.

I'm thinking that's more of what I'm needing or looking for. Someone
I could hire to help flesh out ideas that I already have. And can
help produce actual woodworking plans.

If anyone has pointers toward these sorts of services I would
appreciate it. Or pointers to a better list to ask this sort of
question.

I looked at the site. The gallery looks to me like some of the standard
bits of furniture that come with CAD software. Before you sink money into
this service, think about what he's doing for the costs listed. YOU are
doing the Design and he seems to be doing nothing more than producing a
clean drawing and, if you pay more, a plan. What you initially said you
wanted was design advice. If you are going to do the design, you can do
the plan. Particularly if you expect to do the work. If you are not going
to do the work, hire a custom cabinet maker to do the whole thing.