Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default ROS to etch glass?

Thu, May 3, 2007, 12:45pm (EDT-3)
(charlie) doth sayeth:
HF doesn't eat your skin. it eats your bones, and it's pretty painful
once it gets there. it will sink through skin pretty quickly, and
without any burning sensation, which is why it's so dangerous to use. it
only hurts when it's too late, and then you had better get to a hospital
pdq.
etching cream is very low concentration HF, but yes still has some in
it. it's pretty safe to handle if you're reasonably good about safety
precautions.

Then I'm safe to handle it because I'm very safety conscious about
using things that could cause me harm.

Not so safety conscious about using things that could cause other
people harm. LOL

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan