Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default ROS to etch glass?

Thu, May 3, 2007, 5:22am (EDT-3) (Andy*Dingley)
who doth sayeth:
snip I won't handle etching creams as hydrofluoric acid is just far
too dangerous to work with.

Hmm. Interesting. Normally I wouldn't mess with any acids either,
but this is a cream, so if you tip the bottle over it won't rush out. I
actually read the instructions first, used rubber gloves, dispostable
brush, and had no problems at all. I'd do it again if the occassion
called for it. I don't know for sure, but think it's a pretty weak
solution too, because I got the impression that if you got any on your
skin you'd have a few seconds to get to the fawcet to wash it off before
it started eating you up. I did not test this theory tho.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan