william_b_noble

Default Rebar

the rebar in the overpass supports here in Calif are welded to help avoid
pancaking in an earthquake

"Cheap R Us" wrote in message

"Carl Hoffmeyer" wrote in message
Joel,
I have a question. On a construction site, when rebar is used to
reinforce cement pours, is the rebar welded or wired together?

Or does it vary depending on the pour?

I'm not in the industry (perhaps you meant Brent), but I know of no
application where I've seen them weld it. In all the residential and few
commercial projects I've seen pours for it's been wire ties. Even the big
cages I've watched them build for high voltage towers and elevated roadway
pylons were tied.

Joel. phx

Thanks,
Carl

"Joel Corwith" wrote in message

"Brent" wrote in message
. com...
I work for a rebar fabricating plant (not a mill) and if anyone is

really
interested in mill reports, I will see if I can make a few copies and

post
the results.
Most rebar used in construction is a grade 60.

Is it true they use car snouts and ground up truck guts to make rebar?

Joel. phx