Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Asphalt driveway question

On May 2, 10:22 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Shopdog" wrote in message

This is our first home and we have an asphalt driveway, to me it looks OK,
but does seem to have lost its sheen over the past two years. I see
driveway coating at the big box stores.
So my question is:

When do I need to retop the drive

Between never and every year.

Why would I have to do this

So it looks as spiffy as your neighbor's driveway

What is the best way to do this

Hire someone.

Seriously, if you have any cracks. fill them in so water and freezing don't
do further damage. Aside from that, I've never found a good reason to spend
the money and sweat in the hot sun coating a driveway. Mine is still in
good condition after 29 years.

I coat mine every few years. If you want to save sweat equity, buy
the more expensive coatings that do not require mixing which takes a
lot of effort.