Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default Wooden frame for UPVC window.

A kindly client has given me a 6'x4' double-glazed upvc ( two separate
panes - one opening ) window for my workshop. As I'm rebuilding the
framework I intend to install this window straight into the frame -
but it occurred to me that wood tends to shift a bit with expansion.
Is this likely to be an issue, or will the frame have enough give in
it?
There are no fittings with the window - so I assume I'll have to screw
through its frame to secure the thing?

Cheers,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk