Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] harleyron@webtv.net is offline

Default Home shop compressor

A question on air compressors was posted and to this I say:
If your on A budget and live in or near A large city check on
Craigslist or try a used tool outlet. I've seen very nice compressors go
cheap. Even if you need to replace the motor you might score A bargain.
I have a Craftsman oil less 175 PSI vertical that has around A 35
gallon tank on it. I only have A 3 car garage so I couldn't go for the
60 or 80 gallon that I
wanted. I bought this one about 6 or 7 years ago and it handles
everything I need it to do but I don't use it with my sandblast cabinet.
I dought it would last long if I did. I have A old Wards gas engine unit
I dig out when I need to sandblast.
HF sells name brand compressors along with stuff like U.S. General and
in this months flyer there's A 15% off coupon on any one item. That
would knock there U.S. General 5hp 60 gal. $799.99 unit to about 680
bucks! Now, if I move the Beemer and the Knuck over to the south wall
and put the garden tractor in the tin shed...