Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Direct TV vs Dish

On May 2, 3:58�pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"Terry" wrote in message

My sister used Dish for quite a few years. *Her equipment was looking
pretty ragged.

I talked her into switching to Direct TV so she could get 3 months
free movies and new equipment.

Well after a little over a year she is having trouble with one of her
tuner boxes. *She says she has to reset the box to get it to work. *It
will work for a while and then she has to reset the box again.

Direct TV wants 75$ to come out and check it. *I asked for a
replacement box, but they say it is the cable and not the box and they
want to make the 75$ service call.

I am thinking that she should just go back to Dish and get a new 3
month free movies and a free installation.

Thoughts?

Have her swap the two boxes. If the problem goes with the box, the box is
the problem.

Bob- Hide quoted text -

do the box swap, then threaten cancellation.if your out of your
contract period, they will be very accomodating