Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Special oil for lawnmower?

On Wed, 02 May 2007 11:42:26 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

The manual for my Honda 4 stroke mower contains the usual advice about oil
(paraphrased here): You can use oil that meets blah-blah-blah specs, but we
recommend Honda oil. When I see stuff like this, I assume they mean "If you
visit the mower shop, you might buy something else so we think you should go
there for oil". I like supporting local businesses, like the one that sold
me the mower, but could there be anything special about Honda oil?

It comes from the famous Honda Oil Fields in the northern Honda
Province of Japan. It seems that the oil is based on an unusually
large number of Honda trees which lived there millions of years ago
and became part of the pertroleum after they died. While in some
parts of Japan, becoming a Samurai was most highly prized, in Honda
Province the greatest accomplishment was to be Honda Rigger.