Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim & lil Jim & lil is offline

Default Special oil for lawnmower?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
The manual for my Honda 4 stroke mower contains the usual advice about oil
(paraphrased here): You can use oil that meets blah-blah-blah specs, but
we recommend Honda oil. When I see stuff like this, I assume they mean "If
you visit the mower shop, you might buy something else so we think you
should go there for oil". I like supporting local businesses, like the one
that sold me the mower, but could there be anything special about Honda
oil?
Hi joe,

Yamaha does the same with all their toys such as waverunners and quads
etc. They always come out with a line stating something to the affect like
this "for best performance and reliability, always use Yamaha products for
your engine" It's a ploy to take more money out of you....Jim