Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Special oil for lawnmower?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
The manual for my Honda 4 stroke mower contains the usual advice
about oil (paraphrased here): You can use oil that meets
blah-blah-blah specs, but we recommend Honda oil. When I see stuff
like this, I assume they mean "If you visit the mower shop, you might
buy something else so we think you should go there for oil". I like
supporting local businesses, like the one that sold me the mower, but
could there be anything special about Honda oil?

Nothing special about Honda oil. It does make it a little easier to
make sure you are getting the right kind of oil, but you can use the oil
from the auto parts store just as well.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit