Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Home shop compressor

Charles Pisano wrote:
What is the concensus on compressors for around the garage and home. I'd
like to get something between 15 and 21 hp..

Craftsman? Harbor Freight's brands..? Chiago Pneumatic? Others?

I like craftsman's deal with the 'free' tool kit that has the 3/8 and
1/2 drive air tools. It 'says' no need to add oil. But I thought oil
was needed to help lube the ratchets and air guns etc...?

Not looking to overspend. If I can get the job done with one of the
above less expensive models..

Huh?
15 to 21 Hp? Are you talking about 1.5 to 2.1 or?
15 Hp is almost 11KW power rating. That's a lot!