Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default door closer that WORKS?

Read instructions; follow them; door closes completely. Done!

Nate Nagel wrote:
please help my storm door...

I've replaced my door closer (old one didn't do the do) with a new
"Wright" brand "medium duty" closer (beefiest looking one I've found)
and the door closed with a satisfying slam. Then I went to leave,
and I discovered that with the wood door behind it closed, it won't
latch - apparently the main door is airtight enough that it causes
air pressure to build up between the two doors when the storm door
tries to close, and it stops just short of latching. Can anyone
recommend a closer that actually has a positive closing action that
really works? I thought I remembered sometime in my past having
played with a closer that would slowly close the door and then when
it got within a few inches of the latch would really suck it closed.

As a sidebar, the sheetmetal screws provided to mount the bracket to
the door stripped before tightening down (aluminum frame) anything
for it but to get some rivet nuts in, say, 10-32 or thereabouts?

nate