Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lack of hot water

For some stupid reason, the WH I've seen, turn to the LEFT for
hotter. Why? I have little clue. It seems that since you turn
your stove burners to the right for on, the oven to the right for
hotter, you'd turn the WH to the right for hotter. But then, I
don't design or build such devices.

I am 5 foot 10 inches tall, and I don't shower with other folks.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
: I didn't think it was confusing, but okay...
:
: 1. Most of the time I can't get through an entire shower (10
min.)
: with enough hot water.
: 2. A couple of times it wasn't even hot to start out with
(!!)...that
: is, I had to shower with the cold turned off from the start.
: 3. I *think* the problem has become more frequent.
: 4. 40 gal., 40,000 BTU gas water heater. 5 years old? Just a
: guess...bought the house 1.5 years ago. Manuf. date is 1996.
Can't
: see the inside, but the outside looks mint.
: 5. Drained the tank last week....got some sediment and some
slimey
: blobs.
: 6. Pulled the dip tube yesterday and verified it's in perfect
shape.
: 7. Thermostat is set on the tick after "HOT". No numbers.
: 8. I'm 5'11", I like long walks on the beach, Frank Sinatra
songs...
:
: Mike
: