Posted to alt.home.repair
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default No tub hot water, shower is fine?

We had a home inspection done yesterday and the inspector said that we
needed a new coil in our tank-less system. He based this on the fact
he could not draw a full tub of hot water. The problem with this is
we can take hot shower after hot shower. I mean I can stay in there
for 15 min and then my wife can take a shower right afterwards and be
fine. In fact we have taken as many as 4 showers in a row, 2 with
teenagers, no problem. But the water coming out of the tub faucet is
barely lukewarm. It is a Thermatrol valve, could that be the
problem. The water tested hot at the kitchen faucet.

Thanks,
Jim