Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
mc mc is offline

Default In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

Would that work with evangelists?

I doubt it. I never had to say a thing. Just tell door-to-door types
you're not interested while you are closing the door. Those of us who
do go around on occasion looking for people who are interested in
finding a church will appreciate it.

Put an ad in the yellow pages and leave us alone! Anybody who wants to
find a church can easily find one without your help.

A lot of people appreciate door-to-door visits from local churches;
otherwise the churches would have stopped making them long ago. It's an
old-fashioned welcome-to-the-community thing. I suppose next you'll want to
get rid of Girl Scout cookie selling.