Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How would one attach an electrical box to stone foundation

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:07:34 -0400, "gorehound"
wrote:

My house was built in 1848. I was wondering what I would do to put an outlet
on the wall of the stone foundation. I have put them on block but I feel a
little leary of trying to drill holes in the rocks of a stone foundation.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Shane

If not now, some day you're going to have an old house question you
need to be answered by an old house guy. Make friends with someone
like that or join a club. If you don't know where to start, ask the
curator of some historic home that age, or just knock on the door of a
house that looks that age. He'll be glad to show you around and tell
you who he consults with.

He'll probably even admit it if he doesn't know what he's doing or if
he's made mistakes, but maybe not so don't rely 100% until you have
some experience. If he has a clearly good method, you can judge
yourself.