Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default How would one attach an electrical box to stone foundation

On Apr 30, 5:07 pm, "gorehound" wrote:
My house was built in 1848. I was wondering what I would do to put an outlet
on the wall of the stone foundation. I have put them on block but I feel a
little leary of trying to drill holes in the rocks of a stone foundation.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Shane

I mounted a single switch box to a block wall around 20 years ago. It
is still there. All I did was glop a bunch of Liquid Nails (TM) onto
the back and stick it to the block. Propped it in place overnight
till the LN dried.

The LN bonded to the block and the box plus extended into small screw
holes in the box making 'keys'.

Harry K