Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default How would one attach an electrical box to stone foundation

Any mortar dislodged from that slight vibration isn't doing anything anyway

"gorehound" wrote in message

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
A decent hammer drill and 3/16 carbide bit will drill the rock as easily
as block

"gorehound" wrote in message
My house was built in 1848. I was wondering what I would do to put an
outlet on the wall of the stone foundation. I have put them on block but
I feel a little leary of trying to drill holes in the rocks of a stone
foundation. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Shane

this is where I am leary, would the hammering from the hammerdrill loosen
the surrounding mortar (or what ever they used in 1848)?

Thanks for the replies.
Shane