Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default How would one attach an electrical box to stone foundation

gorehound wrote:
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
A decent hammer drill and 3/16 carbide bit will drill the rock as easily as
block

"gorehound" wrote in message
My house was built in 1848. I was wondering what I would do to put an
outlet on the wall of the stone foundation. I have put them on block but
I feel a little leary of trying to drill holes in the rocks of a stone
foundation. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Shane

this is where I am leary, would the hammering from the hammerdrill loosen
the surrounding mortar (or what ever they used in 1848)?

Thanks for the replies.
Shane

How about a glass-drilling bit? (it's not a hammer bit) I've used one
to drill thick porcelain floor tile. If it'll cut through that, stone
blocks should be easy. Put a lead anchor in to hold the screw.

Bob