Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default How would one attach an electrical box to stone foundation

gorehound wrote:
My house was built in 1848. I was wondering what I would do to put an outlet
on the wall of the stone foundation. I have put them on block but I feel a
little leary of trying to drill holes in the rocks of a stone foundation.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Shane

I'd personally mount a 2x6 to the wall and mount the handy box (actually
use a 4" square box, makes things much easier) to that. Of course, that
prompts the question, "how do you mount a 2x6 to a stone wall" which
probably doesn't help you any...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.