Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default How would one attach an electrical box to stone foundation

In article , "gorehound" wrote:
My house was built in 1848. I was wondering what I would do to put an outlet
on the wall of the stone foundation. I have put them on block but I feel a
little leary of trying to drill holes in the rocks of a stone foundation.
Anyone have any ideas?

Drill into the mortar, then attach the box using either TapCon screws, or
regular sheet metal screws with lead or plastic anchor inserts. (Lead's the
better choice, IMO, if you can find them.)

--
Regards,