Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Lack of hot water

On 30 Apr 2007 04:08:32 -0700, "
wrote:

I priced a thermostat once it was $125.00 but fortunately was covered
under warranty. Getting the old one off was a pain, you turn the
thermostat gas valve assembly, mine was so tight it nearly ripped the
assembly in pieces.

shortly thereafter the tank started leaking, and went to the garbage,
which it should have to begin with.

I hope you saved the new thermostat you had installed. Then when the
stat broke on the new waterheater, a replacement woudl be free!

I wish I had done that with my previous electric wh. I could have
saved two electric elements and two thermostats and wouldn't have had
to buy one two months ago.

I also wish I had checked my anode to get some idea of how long it
lasts. I have a shelf above my wh so it is very hard to change the
anode anyhow, but I'd like to know anyhow. I'd feel better if last
time there was still some of it left after 12 or 14 years.