Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bringing SER cable into PVC conduit sleeve

On 2007-04-30, Chris Lewis wrote:

1) Deburr the PVC at both ends - eg: curved file, or sandpaper
around a chunk of dowel. (this may be excessively fussy, but it's
good workmanship anyway)

When working with plumbing pipe (plastic or copper) I usually just use
a small blade; lately I've found that the manual can opener attachment
on my multi-tool works well.

The inside end of your conduit is open, and isn't much of a problem
that way, but the outside end is in the disconnect IIRC.

That's right, I'm coming into the bottom of the disconnect after going
through an LB conduit body. Let me make sure that I have the
connection at the disconnect right: I'm going to use a male adapter, a
metal locknut, and a plastic bushing. Carlon make a "flat
washer/o-ring" for their male adapter and suggests that they be used
outside a box for a watertight connection with a male adapter, so I'm
going to track down one of those. Does that connection sound OK?

Thanks, Wayne

It sounds good. You don't necessarily need the O-ring for a bottom
entrance. They are usually used for a side or top entrance, but there is
nothing wrong with you using it on the bottom.