Posted to alt.home.repair
Arkadiy Arkadiy is offline

Default water in basement (continued)

mm wrote:

I'm not saying this will solve your problem, but you won't have to
tend to the pump, and you won't feel like you are in such a rush with
only an inch or two in the basement.

This is what I have now (or even a little better), but tomorrow is
another rainy day according to the forcast My main concern is high
humidity in the basement, and how it affects the wood (floor) above
it.

You may be able to channel the
water from the crawlspace to the six foot basement area, but you'lve
probably already done that.

No, I thought about this, but I would have to do it in the
concrete... to my surprise the contractor doing the estimate didn't
propose this... He proposed two separate french drain systems.

Every rainy day sets me about 5 days back (in my basement water
condition).

That won't be true if you pump 24 hours a day.

Correct, but for this I need enough water to collect in one place.