Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default water in basement (continued)

On 29 Apr 2007 11:53:40 -0700, Arkadiy wrote:

On Apr 29, 2:40 pm, "Toller" wrote:

Do you have close neighbors? What is going on with them?

Most people do have sump pumps. But they have not worked in years, so
some of them happen to be out of order, and those basements also got
flooded...

In my n'hood, everyone with a below grade basement had to have a sump
pump, the law. everyone, in 1979, who had a basement which was at
ground level, which in our case was just at one end of the basement
(to the back yard), didn't get a sump pump. I don't know if any of
them added one.

Do you have a storm sewer to pump into? If not, do you have anywhere to
pump to?

I can't answer this question -- got to figure out the answer yet...

Where does your utility pump pump to?

Thanks,
Arkadiy