Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lack of hot water

On Apr 29, 7:38�pm, "Charlie Bress" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Looking for other suggestions...

It's a gas water heater. *City water supply. *Usually, my morning
shower lacks enough hot water...it'll get tepid after a few minutes
where I have to shut of the cold completely. *A couple of times I even
shut off the cold before I hop in and it's still only barely warm.

Nobody else is using the water and there isn't any timer or anything.

I have drained the hot water tank. *And, yesterday, I thought I'd
replace the dip tube, but I pulled the old one out and it was in
perfect shape.

So I'm down to a bad thermostat?

Mike

My water heater is electric, but I had gone thru the same kind of checking.

Thermostat was the culprit. Easy replacement for electric. No clue about gas
fired.

Charlie- Hide quoted text -

tank is 10 years old, thats pretty old for a gas tank. electrics
usually last longer.

anyhow thermostat does screw in, but with a 10 year old tank that had
sediment best to buy a new tank.