Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Bringing SER cable into PVC conduit sleeve

Unless you can ask the inspector first, I'd use a male adapter with a
threaded bushing, then strap the cable close to the conduit. I prefer to
file the ends of the PVC round and smooth, like gfretwell describes, as it
looks better and clamps tight against a flat surface, but I have had knit
pickin inspectors reject it

"Wayne Whitney" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm bringing a 1/0 Al SER cable into a short 2" Schedule 80 PVC (RNC)
sleeve to a panelboard. What's the proper way to terminate the free
end of the sleeve? I could just carefully ream the end of the PVC
conduit, or I could glue on a male adapter and use a bushing. Or is
there something like a clamp connector for RNC?

Thanks, Wayne