Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Makita 6270 DWPE3 Drill & Free Impact Driver 12V

wrote:

I bought, after talk on this group, the Ryobi to check the Impact
drivers out. Well pleased. It is 18v and powerful.

Always seems kind of pointless when you can get a 18V Makita body only
for about the same money.

two batteries. I rarely use a drill/driver anymore. The Impact Driver
does it all.

That does not make any sense at all. As a drill an impact driver it
pretty hopeless for anything except very small drills, or very heavy
ones like an expansive bit.

It is so small it acts as an angle drill using stubby
auger and flat bits drilling through joists.

Its about 1.5 to 2 times the length of an angle drill, and that is
before you get a chuck on the end of it.

I would rather buy one 18v Impact Driver than a 12V Impact driver and
drill/driver for the same price, as the drill/driver will not be used
much, if at all, once you have an 18V Impact driver.

If you really want a versatile tool, then go for one of the new
Panasonic or Makita four function Li-Ion tools that are combi drills
with an additional impact driving mode.

--
Cheers,

John.