Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] timegoesby@my-deja.com is offline

Default Makita 6270 DWPE3 Drill & Free Impact Driver 12V

On 2007-04-29 22:59:43 +0100, said:

On 28 Apr, 11:20, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Anyone have experience of these two bits of kit? Looks like a good deal
especially the impact driver - good for decking screws.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

or

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...e=makita&user_...

I bought, after talk on this group, the Ryobi to check the Impact
drivers out. Well pleased. It is 18v and powerful. Get the charger and
two batteries. I rarely use a drill/driver anymore. The Impact Driver
does it all. It is so small it acts as an angle drill using stubby
auger and flat bits drilling through joists.

I would rather buy one 18v Impact Driver than a 12V Impact driver and
drill/driver for the same price, as the drill/driver will not be used
much, if at all, once you have an 18V Impact driver.

What a lot of nonsense.

There is no way in hell that an impact driver can replace all of the
functionality of a drill/driver unless one is *only* doing
constructional framing and exterior deck work.

You clearly have not used one. I recall you and others here never knew
what an Impact Driver was about 12 to 18 months ago. The threads that
resulted prompted me to try one out. Well please and a must have tool.

It's even more ridiculous to buy anything from Techtronics Ryobi.

Mine works great and takes lots of abuse.