Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default water in basement (continued)

Arkadiy writes:

On Apr 29, 11:38 am, Dan Espen
wrote:

I'm NJ too.
I had the french drains put in years ago.
They will solve the problem.

The price seems reasonable.
In NJ most people had Vulcan calling them
all the time. This was before telemarketing
went completely out of control and I called
them when I decided to have the work done.
I can't remember what I paid but this was in
the 70s.

When you see the amount of work it takes
the price will seem more reasonable.

Some things to consider.
They may want to hook up to the sanitary system.
Don't let them, in most places that's illegal.
Discuss that before hand.

If you might have radon issues, consider that.
They will be opening the slab to air infiltration.
It may agravate radon penetration and you might
later have to have the system sealed.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.

How do I know if I have rodon issues? 5 years ago, during the
inspection, the rodon level was normal...

Any houses in your area with Radon levels that needed remediation
would be one clue.