Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bringing SER cable into PVC conduit sleeve

"Wayne Whitney" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm bringing a 1/0 Al SER cable into a short 2" Schedule 80 PVC (RNC)
sleeve to a panelboard. What's the proper way to terminate the free
end of the sleeve? I could just carefully ream the end of the PVC
conduit, or I could glue on a male adapter and use a bushing. Or is
there something like a clamp connector for RNC?

Thanks, Wayne

Hmmm. Tough question. Technically there should be a clamp connector on the
end of the conduit. However if it is metal it would need to be grounded. I
don't know of any 2" non-metallic cable clamp connectors, but maybe there
are some out there. Try the Carlon web site. A male adapter with a bushing
might be acceptable to the inspector. Perhaps a strap on the cable within
close proximity to the conduit end might also be acceptable.