Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Light bulb or switch that fades out?

On Apr 29, 12:02 am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
Check out Lutron Maestro

"k" wrote in message

. net...

I like the way the interior lights in newer cars fade to off. Out of
curiosity, are those fading bulbs, or are do cars have a wired-in piece of
electronics that controls the light. I'd like to emulate that effect with
certain lights inside the house.

I've been googling around, probably using poor terms like fading light
bulbs and light switch fade. Are there products I can buy that will do
this, other than regular dimmers?

thanks,
Keith- Hide quoted text -

Another more complicated, unnecessary and possibility of failure
gadget added to modern vehicles!
If mine ever fails (although not likely cos it's Nissan) I will
promptly rewire to a straight switch.
Even now in my 70s find it takes little effort to switch something on
or off!
Recalling one of my first technical instructors who dismissed
unnecessary gadgets with "Too bloody clever by half.' And experience
has shown him to be right.
Your choice and mileage may differ however.