Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Vaillant eco-tec combi boiler?

On 2007-04-29 09:12:58 +0100, said:

When we bought our house about 20 years ago the boiler was already
there,they is a dial on the boiler going from 1 to 4 we use 3 and 4
this heats up our house to our liking but I have no idea of the
boilers power.

Two ways to get that.

- Look for a rating plate. The boiler is probably range rated though,
meaning it can be adjusted for a range of outputs by tweaking the
burner pressure.

- Run the boiler and time the meter - i.e. how much gas in 5 minutes
with nothing else on and boiler running continuously. Emptying the
HW cylinder and reheating it should achieve that.

If you look at a gas bill, you can work out what the relationship is
between gas volume and kW.h

From that, you can calculate the power input of the boiler in kW.
The output will be in the order of 65-70% of the input.

And about the boiler,shall I avoid it or shall I stick to it,my whole
family uses Vaillant and are very pleased with it,so is this eco-tec
combi good then?