Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Connecting Extension Cords

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I was going to say "wire nuts" but he probably wants to use the
cords again. I like your logic, to put the lighter cord out where
it's moving around.

Electrically, it's all the same. They are in series.

Lordy. Go to Sams Club or wherever, spend 30 or 40 bucks, and get a proper
100-foot contractor cord. That is what I did when I noticed the connectors
on the strung-together cords I was using were getting rather warm to the
touch. It is heavy, so it is a workout rolling it up and carrying it, but
all the connections stay nice and cool now. Plus, the GFCI doesn't trip any
more.

aem sends....