Gunner

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:59:33 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 02:07:30 GMT, Gunner
wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:49:25 -0800, "Lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

My hat is off to you for your endurance. Hope it stays with you till that
happy day when you don't have to anymore.
Lane

Maybe Ill win the lottery G

Gunner

If the CA Lottery is your retirement plan, don't "invest" more than
a couple (Sub $5) dollars a week - the 'interest rates' are horrid.
(IOW, by the time you finally hit a jackpot you might get to retire at
the ripe old age of 135.)

I think I've bet a total of under $10 since they started it. "For
the schools"? Bull****. Every dollar that the lottery contributes to
schools, that's one dollar less they need from the general fund that
can be diverted elsewhere.

-- Bruce --

LOL..indeed. I t hink Ive spent around $15 in all that time. Only
when the lottery gets over $20 million or so, and then in Quick Picks.

Oddly enough...most Lottery Winners in California are not native
English speakers. Must be good kharma.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will,
through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,
Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will
tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).
The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking