Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dawoodseed@gmail.com is offline

Default Vaillant eco-tec combi boiler?

On Apr 28, 10:17 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

.uk...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I'am deciding on replacing a very old baxi boiler-it uses too much
gas.
I only have one bathroom and I will also replace rads aswell as the
old ones are begining to leak,I will need 11 radiators.For now I just
want to know if the Vaillant eco-tec combi will be a good choice or if
I should avoid it.And what model will I need,,the 19 kw one or the
more powerful type.

A combi can be an economical replacement for a storage hot water system
but there are downsides on hot water. One that has not been mentioned is
that a boiler breakdown results in complete loss of hot water as well as
heating - no immerser backup. If you are used to a well designed storage
system I would put the slow hot water delivery problem differently. Yes
baths are slow to fill but they do get there eventually. Just needs
planning and the flow won't trouble the overflow. A much bigger problem
IMHO is that the hot water takes a long time to arrive at a basin distant
from the boiler. Since the boiler is probably diffrently located than the
existing cylinder and probably futher away the difference can be very
annoying.
Watch out for existing 22mm pipework being reused as that makes that
problem particularly noticeable.

It certainly does make a big difference. I changed my parents hot water from
22 to 15mm pipework and it takes 9 seconds less for the hot water to come
through to the bathroom.

Adam- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for that,will I get a powerful shower with a combi?