Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Medway

In article ,
(dmc) writes:
In article , Andy Hall wrote:

Didn't the earth move for you?

Certaintly did here in folkestone :-/

Given that wasn't exactly a "real" quake (4.3 is nothing really) I'm now
pretty certain I really wouldn't want to live somewhere that has earthquakes
as a common occurance.

Well, I found them quite amusing when working in California,
as someone who hadn't grown up being used to them.
Of course, buildings in such areas are designed to handle
them. Even fairly notable ones which leave all the lights
and blinds swinging and creaking sounds from the building
didn't ever result in any plaster cracks that I noticed.
I think the largest was a 5.2 which was a couple of miles
away. It trashed the K-mart due to setting off the sprinklers
and burned down someones house due to a fractured gas pipe,
but apart from that, there was nothing to show for it in the
area. There were larger ones, but they were further away.

--
Andrew Gabriel