Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Spice Mark  Spice is offline

Default Makita 6270 DWPE3 Drill & Free Impact Driver 12V

"somebody" wrote in message
In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Anyone have experience of these two bits of kit? Looks like a good deal
especially the impact driver - good for decking screws.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...9438&ts=55331#

or

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...akita&user_sea
rch=1&sfile=1&jump=12

Yes, bought exactly that set (from Screwfix). Haven't really used the
drill but the impact driver is a wonderful piece of kit. For your
decking screws you'll wonder how you ever managed without one. For a 4"
inch screw into 4 x 2 it doesn't even slow down.

Be prepared though, you can use up the screw bits quicker than with a
normal driver. They tend to break rather than wear out. Go and buy a tub
of 25 pz2 and pz3 bits while you're out shopping ;-) Oh - and make sure
they're the longer bits (50mm I think) rather than the more common 25mm
bits which don't fit the impact driver.

Hth
Someone

As you may recall I asked a very similar question a couple of months ago. I
bought this set and have very impressed. I've used both drivers extensively
whilst building a fortress/command post in the garden for the kids and as
Someone says above 4" screws just go straight in with the impact driver.
The drill is very nice to use - very controlable and plenty od oompth. The
impact driver does seem to get through the batteries quicker than the
drill/driver but with three I never ran out of juice.

I would also echo the comments about the driver bits - they do get eaten by
the impact driver. I've had both the diamond and gold bits from Screwfix
shatter but currently a set from Wickes seem to be holding up OK.

I don't think you will regret getting the set although I did see that they
are currently doing a similar deal but with an angle drill instead of an
impact driver which may also be of interest.

With the combination of the set and the Makita Jigsaw I bought before Xmas I
am certainly converted to the pleasantness of using good power tools. Now
if I could only afford a nice sliding mitre saw I would be a happy bunny.

Cheers

Mark