Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita 6270 DWPE3 Drill & Free Impact Driver 12V

somebody wrote:

Yes, bought exactly that set (from Screwfix). Haven't really used the
drill but the impact driver is a wonderful piece of kit. For your
decking screws you'll wonder how you ever managed without one. For a
4" inch screw into 4 x 2 it doesn't even slow down.

That's what I was hoping for! How do the batteries last? I notice they are
only 1.3 a/hr. Granted with 3 it shouldn't be a problem.

Be prepared though, you can use up the screw bits quicker than with a
normal driver. They tend to break rather than wear out. Go and buy a
tub of 25 pz2 and pz3 bits while you're out shopping ;-) Oh - and
make sure they're the longer bits (50mm I think) rather than the more
common 25mm bits which don't fit the impact driver.

I tend to use those 50mm bits anyway. Shorter ones don't fit inside curtain
rail brackets & a host of other things.

Wickes do packs of 15 for about £4? They also do 3 x titanium for £3 maybe
they would be best.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman