Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default WHY NOT A LAWN TRACTOR ?

RJ wrote:
Elderly gent in our neighborhood will have to get
an electric "golf cart" to get around our village.

I never realized, those things cost like platinum !

It occurred to me that one could buy a good lawn-tractor
remove the blades, and have pretty good urban transportation.

I see a SEARS ad offering a "six-speed" unit for less than a thou.

Beyond fighting the folks at city hall, any other probs ?
How's top speed ? Reliability ?

rj

Look around for a golf cart dealer in your area. Some may have used ones
for sale.
When my girls were young, I bought a used electric golf cart from a a
local dealer. I paid $300 for it and it came with the 6 - 6v deep cell
batteries (36v motor) which were worth more than the $300 I paid for the
whole thing. It wasn't in the best looking condition but it ran.
In hind site, I should have bought the gas engine one because the kids
got downhearted when it had to be recharged.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY