Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Sage Advice

On 27 Apr 2007 08:44:26 -0700, robo hippy
wrote:

The variation of that saying that I heard was "use the sandpaper like
some one else was buying it". As far as the best sanding discs that I
have found, the ones from www.VincesWoodNWonders.com. They are on a
plastic film, and have the most consistant grain of anything I have
used. They also outlast anything else that I have ever used about 2 to
1. No affiliation other than a happy customer.

I've been using an ummm.... "Mini pistol grip pneumatic sander" (also
known as a right-angle die grinder to the rest of the world) for
power carving for a while now. I have been using the quick-lock
discs, but for close to $.50 each, they're quite an investment every
time I have to buy another box of them. They last long enough that
it's not putting me into the poorhouse, but they're still just a
little pricey.

The reason I mention this is because this velcro stuff is a whole lot
less expensive, and the sander he's selling appears to be a
standard-issue die grinder. Since I've already got two of them, I'm
wondering if you think they'd fit a standard 1/4" collet. Normally,
I'd assume that was the case, but the shanks look pretty thin in the
pictures.