Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default OT cutting off water for landlord/tenant

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER. The management company rep says that it is
*illegal* to tell the tenant what is about to happen to him. That
they can't tell him this without the consent of the landlord. She says
she has verified this with a rental type lawyer, the HOA's lawyer,
recently, but she knew it before that.

Non Scriptum, non est. Any time someone tells you somthing
about the law that doesn't make sense, make them show you the
law in question.

In this case, my suspicion is that it's not legal for you
to be going after the tennant (who has no contractual
relationship with you) for monies owed by the landlord.

But I'd be surprised if a simple notification that the
water will be shut off in (say) 10 days was against the law.

IOW, I suspect that you can warn them, but not threaten them.

--Goedjn