Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dimming Groups of lights with dedicated switches

On Apr 27, 9:34 am, Marc Mueller wrote:
I am planning on installing recessed lighting in my basement and would
like to control these lights with dedicated switches on the same
circuit. Here is the scenario:

Group #1 - 6, 75W cans controlled by Dimmer #1
Group #2 - 10 50W cans controlled by Dimmer #2
Group #3 - 2 75W cans controlled by Dimmer #3

I plan to do this on a dedicated 15A, 120V circuit. I am not trying
to implement 3-way or 4-way switching.

Could someone describe, or better yet point me in the direction of an
illustration/diagram for this type of scenario?

Thanks,

Marc Mueller

I'm not sure what the question is. This is just straight forward
using 3 independent dimmer switches, that are on one 15 amp circuit,
right? You have a 14 gauge romex going into a switch box, 3 dimmers,
3 romex leaving box going to light fixtures, which are daisy chained
on appropriate romex.