Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default OT cutting off water for landlord/tenant

My home owner association has most of its rights and duties carefully
described in a document that I received (and signed for) when I
bought my unit.

The other rights and duties are in the common and statutory law of my
state.

So the first thing to do at any home owner meeting that discusses
unpaid dues and remedies is to drag out all the covenants and copies
of statutory law and case law and see where you fit in the scheme of
things.

If you don't do this, then someone else should be running the
meetings. Otherwise, one day, you will all get hit very heavy in the
pocket book.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 01:50:36 -0400, mm
wrote:

This is OT, but you guys seem to know a lot.

I went to a Home Owners meeting tonight. The HOA plans to disconnect
the water of people who are delinquent on their fees, and the
management company rep says that it is *illegal* to tell the tenant
what is about to happen to him. That they can't tell him this without
the consent of the landlord. She says she has verified this with a the
HOA's lawyer, recently, but she knew it before that.

Could this be true?
snip