Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default OT cutting off water for landlord/tenant

clipped

I also stopped meeting or at least remembering neighbors and I know a
lot of my favorite people moved away. But I found tonight that one of
the nicest people, who I get along with enough to call her a friend,
was on the board most of the time I wasn't. I'm going to ask her
about this.

Monthly meetings in a HOA of that size are likely a waste of time,
unless the board members like ****ing contests over rules violations or
adding amenities. If you don't go to meetings and/or take your turn at
being a board member, you are part of the problem )

The best solution is to acquaint yourself with owners who might be
willing to be on the board and recognize the function as a business
operation, not an opportunity to control everyone and everything. In
Fl., board members can be PERSONALLY liable for ignoring their fiduciary
DUTY as board member! If you have years and years of delinquent water
bills, the board has been negligent...it is their duty to collect funds
owed to the association.