Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] zikkimalambo@connectfree.co.uk is offline

Default Is a "ring"-type cirquit essential for the sockets in one-bed flat?

On 26 Apr, 20:14, Axel G Axel wrote:
I had the floorboards up in my one-bed flat today, to check the
wiring, and noticed that the socket circuit is not the usual "ring"
configuration. It simply has a 2.5 sq.mm T&E cable coming from the
fuse box, going to a connector block from which run three spurs: One
goes to a double socket in the lounge (for TV, Hi-Fi, etc). One goes
to my study (for computer gear, electric fan, etc) and the 3rd spur
goes to a socket in the bedroom, and then on to a dual socket in the
kitchen. The dual socket in the kitchen feeds a microwave a toaster, a
dishwasher, a washing machine and an electric kettle.

How?

Do you plug/umplg each applience into the dual socket, or do you have
some kind of "adapter" to allow you to plug them all in at once?

Is this a rented flat?