Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Kenmore washer

"1D10T" wrote in message
news

My ancient washer has a problem. Except for this, it works fine. When it
goes into spin cycle, the tub spins, but it won't pump the water out. When
I first looked at it I found the belt a little slack, so I tightened it
properly. Is it the wig-wag's job to engage the pump? Could the timer be
faulty, not triggering the wig-wag? I have some long-ago experience in a
furniture store doing appliance repairs, but this one escapes me. Any help
will be gratefully appreciated.
TIA
--
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Easy's gettin' harder everyday

I don't believe the wig-wag triggers the pump, I'm guessing that is in the
timer? You'll need a multitester to diagnose as it could be the pump itself
as well, correct? Most of the older appliances I've worked on actually had
the schematic stuck inside the unit somewhere, typically the face plate
where the timer and other controls are. Before you bother with that though
make sure the drain line isn't plugged or there isn't a sock stuck in the
pump, although if it drains after the wash cycle and just not during the
spin I'd go back to the timer again. If you have the schematic you'll be
able to follow any components from pump to power.

More info & help he

www.repairclinc.com