Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default New countertop for kitchen sink

On Apr 26, 7:27 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello,
I will be replacing a badly deteriorating countertop for a kitchen
sink in an old trailer house we own as a getaway on a small lake. The
double sink is in ok condition to reuse I think. I went to Home Depot
and bought about the right size formica countertop that would fit the
space. Now I need to mark and cut out the opening in the countertop
for the double sink. I was wondering if anyone could give me any
pointers in doing this correctly so I don't end up wishing I had hired
someone else to do it right.

Lay the old counter on top of the new one and trace the hole.

And use a downcutting blade in your jigsaw to minimize chipout. Tom