Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default device to push slider windows tightly closed

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:01:02 -0600, John Keith wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:08:11 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

then
just use a hinged stick like they used to use to lock
baby-gates into doorways. Kind of like this:

www.goedjn.com/sketch/wlatch.gif

That's very close to what I called an over-the-center type latch. This
may well be the best suggestion yet. Thanks.

You know if you do this one right, it will both close the window and,
if you put it at the other location, open it. Assuming there is a
handle on the moving part. My windows have full height "handles" at
both sides. Almost any design will be "right" but there might be some
that will be wrong.

John Keith